Loen’s nullification of promotional marketing strategies for Kim Junsu’s latest album has become a controversy.
Through an official letter of plea on the 9th of July, C-JeS Entertainment stated, “On the 8th of July, six days till the release of XIA (Junsu)’s second solo album, we received a unilateral notification from the album’s distribution company Loen Entertainment.”
According to C-JeS, Loen has cancelled all verbal agreements made in the past two months, and unilaterally notified the agency that they would still distribute the album online and offline, but would nullify all other promotional marketing strategies. The crux of the controversy is the broadcast of the singer’s showcase, which is set to be attended by Melon users, on MelonTV. Loen is said to have notified C-JeS that the event would be broadcasted live on LoenTV, but would be impossible to disclose on Melon.
To Newsen, Loen made a clarification and stated, “Regarding Kim Junsu’s showcase, C-JeS and Loen had not yet completed and signed a contract. This problem has arisen in the final stages of discussions between the two parties.”
They continued to reveal, “Many statements conditions and requests have been said between the two parties in the discussion process of the contract. C-JeS poster their letter of plea in the middle so such a process, and their statement that Loen unilaterally notified C-JeS of the nullification of promotional marketing strategies is completely false. A final decision on the contract hadn’t even been made yet.”
Regarding this, a representative of C-JeS Entertainment refuted, “After receiving a sudden notification on the 8th, six days before the showcase, we sent Loen an official statement outlining our stance. We clearly stated that we would release a letter of plea to the public if Loen did not give us a reply. However, we were met with silence. Loen’s representatives keep saying that we were still in the discussion process and had yet to sign a contract, but they had already taken reservations for the album and had already begun receiving applicants for their showcase event. If we had not come to a decision, then wouldn’t it have been right to wait till we had before they went through these processes?”
Regarding the problematic showcase controversy, Loen stated, “If we had really nullified our promotional marketing strategies as C-JeS claims, information regarding Junsu’s showcase and its related event’s page would have been taken down from Melon’s homepage, but as netizens can see, the page is still open and fully functioning. The list of people who are chosen to attend the showcase will be released on Thursday (July 11th) as planned.”
However, Kim Junsu’s representatives stated, “Kim Junsu has a packed schedule planned, which includes going overseas to film a CF, as well as a concert in Thailand. However, the reason why we decided to hold this showcase was to introduce Kim Junsu’s music to the public. We prepared this free-of-charge showcase because we wanted to show Kim Junsu’s performance to the public through MelonTV because broadcasted activities are difficult for us.”
They also added, “This is a showcase our agency is paying for, but if it cannot be aired on MelonTV, there is no reason for the showcase to only be open to Melon users. We have requested a reply to this from Loen by tonight (July 9th). If this problem is not resolved by then, our agency will take the initiative to invite fans ourselves, and it would only be right for the Melon users event to be cancelled.”
- The translations for Loen’s statements come from this post
- C-JeS’ full official statement can be found here
Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net